The Frenzy of Working Life

Thursday, 14 July 2016

Image
It's been two and a half weeks since I began my first ever full-time, 9-5 job and I'm already struggling to find the time to keep this blog up to date. Between getting up at 6am, working from 8.15-5, and arriving home at 6.30pm, as well as attempting (but also failing) to keep up at least a little bit of an exercise routine... I'm ashamed to admit that this blog has not been at the forefront of my mind. With regular posts usually going live every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, it's now been a week since my last post. Oops, my bad!

As much as I would love my blog schedule to get back to normal as I settle into the frenzy of working life, I somehow can't see that happening. I am unbelievably proud of myself for the upkeep that I put into this little corner of the internet throughout my university career and I would absolutely love to continue at the same pace and volume. Wanting the best of both worlds, I come to you with a proposal: rather than maintain a strict weekly routine, I am going to cut myself some slack. Working life is extremely hectic and tiring, but I am honestly loving every minute of it. This blog is my second home and to pour my heart and soul into posts for you all to read is my favourite way to spend my free time. Opposed to posting half thought out monologues, scraped together at 10.30pm the night before just to preserve a schedule, I am going to offer only the very best. I am going to offer quality over quantity; the gift that myself, my blog, and my readers deserve.

And so, for the moment, perhaps this will be my last post for the next week or two. On the other hand, perhaps there'll be two or three posts that go live in the next seven days. Either way, I'm not going to beat myself up for not finding the time to dedicate to this blog. Quality is definitely the right way forward; I hope you agree! If you're a blogger yourself, do you keep up with a strict schedule? Or do you limit your posts slightly more? Please feel free to leave me a comment full to the brim with blogging advice, I would love to know!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment