Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 7 April 2016

REASONS TO: LOVE SPRING

Photo by Anton Darius | @theSollers on Unsplash
With Easter having just passed us by, what better a time to celebrate all the reasons to love spring! In the midst of my semester one deadlines last year, I took a break from the mayhem of third year to write down all the reasons to love November. As my dissertation deadline is nearing, in addition to a few deadlines for other modules, I thought that I would take a step back and reflect on what makes spring so darn wonderful.

- An hour less sleep is never appreciated, but lighter nights are something to scream and shout about!

- Pastel pinks, purples, and blues are always mood uplifting
- The sun! It's actually shining for the first time this year!
- The rain is far less brutal without accompanying strong winds
- My dress wardrobe can finally see the light of day without me regretting my outfit choice
- Beautiful flowers are starting to bloom on all of the trees, and the grass is daffodils galore
- Netflix under a blanket is one of my favourite activities, but finally being able to go outside is wonderful!
- Lent is finally over and so I can get back to happily chomping away on chocolate (in moderation, of course)
- Season 2 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is released in just over a week!
- There's no chance of snow until we've been through each of the other three seasons
- My favourite pink lipsticks can finally come out of hibernation
- As the cold has passed, so have the post-Christmas blues. Optimism shines afresh!
- Taking blog photos is so much easier with longer periods of natural lighting
- And that applies to Instagram photos too! Pretty snaps are always a highlight of this time of the year
- And, of course, Summer is that one step closer. Thank the lord!

What are your reasons for loving spring? Do you agree with mine? Leave me a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment