Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 18 February 2016

TAKING STOCK: WHAT'S IN MY MAKEUP BAG?


Since purchasing NARS Orgasm Blush last March, I have barely rotated my make up bag. That's not to say that I haven't bought any new products; plenty have passed through my daily routine in the last year. The amount that have stayed for longer than two weeks, however, are very minimal. After treating myself to a few new bits at the end of 2015, as well as finally having a good old root through my make up collection, I finally bring to you an update of my daily face. You can find my 2015 update here and my 2014 update here.

First things first; concealer. I've never known if this step is supposed to come before or after foundation, so please feel free to offer any wisdom! As I use two different concealers for two different purposes, I tend to apply one before my foundation and the other after. The first concealer that I reach for is Maybelline's Age Rewind Eraser Eye Concealer in the shade 'Nude'. I find that it really evens out my skin tone under my eyes, and especially makes the redness around my nose disappear. On lazy days where I'm only popping to the shops but want a tiny bit of coverage, this is the only product that'll grace my face. The foundation that I have been loving just recently is L’Oréal's True Match foundation in the shade 'Creamy Beige'. I never got round to trying out the old formula of this foundation, but the new version does wonders for my face. It gives me the exact coverage that I want without that dreaded cakey finish! The second concealer that I then reach for is Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer in the shade 'Creamy Beige'. I use this concealer to highlight under my eyes and it sits beautifully on top of my foundation. I then powder my face with the L’Oréal Infallible Powder in the shade 'Sand Beige'. This is another recent purchase and I am head over heels. It keeps my make up in place all day long and keeps all oils at bay; everything that you could ever ask for from a powder!

For blush, I have been constantly reaching for Max Factor’s Creme Puff Blush in the shade 'Nude Mauve'. I picked it up on a whim in Boots a few weeks back and I am very grateful for past, indulgent Kassi. It just gives the most beautiful natural shine to the tops of my cheeks. When rooting through my make up drawers, I came across a barely used highlighter from Rimmel; the Good To Glow Highlighter in the shade 'Piccadilly Glow'. As a liquid highlighter, I've probably been too lazy to give it a proper go in the past. Making the effort to fit it into my daily routine, however, has made all the difference. It adds that extra bit of warmth to my cheekbones and sits perfectly on top of my blush. A warning is needed with this product however, as a little goes a very long way. A quarter of a pea squeezed onto your finger is more than enough to apply to each cheek. The mascara that I have been reaching for just recently is from a brand that I had never encountered before. It was one of the lovely Christmas presents that Jack's parents gifted to me; Pur Minerals' Volume Vixen 4-in-1 Mascara. It gives a lovely length to my lashes and doesn't flake off throughout the day. It's also super easy to build up layers to give a bold, dramatic look. I have then been dabbing Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm onto my lips before applying my beloved Charlotte Tilbury's 'So Marilyn'.

And that's my face done! Reading it through it sounds like a lot, but it barely takes me ten minutes to do every morning. I definitely don't wear as much make up as others as I barely touch my eyes, but I'd love to expand on my skills and create some new styles. What products are in your make up bag right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment