Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 July 2015

TAKING STOCK: WHAT'S IN MY MAKEUP BAG?


It's been over nine months since I revealed to you all what's in my make up bag (you can read that post here), and a lot has changed since then. My make up collection has probably doubled, along with new types of products being added. The major difference is that I now wear foundation on a day-to-day basis, compared to covering my face in concealer (bad move, Kas). My make up brush collection has definitely grown as well, owning almost all the original Real Techniques brushes. As much as I would love to own a brush from the Bold Metals Collection, I just can't quite justify the price right now. As so much has changed, I thought that I would share my updated make up bag with you all, and discuss some of my holy grail products.

Something not pictured is the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Primer, which I have been using constantly for the past two or three months. I have, unfortunately, ran out at the moment - it is definitely on my repurchase list! Once I have applied primer to my t-zone, I use the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer in the shade 'Soft Beige' to cover up any dark patches underneath my eyes, as well as hide the redness on my chin, and around my nose. I then apply the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade 'Dark' on any spots and blemishes that I need to be well and truly hidden. Once both of those are buffed in, I reach for my Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation in the shade 'Natural Beige', and buff it into my face and down my neck. To set everything in place, I use my trusty Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder in the shade 'Transparent', which I was also using in my last 'What's In My Make Up Bag?' post. It's hardly a secret that Rimmel is my favourite drugstore brand! 

Once my face is looking beautifully matte, I pick up my Soap & Glory Wonderbronze Shimmer Brick, and use it to bronze up my cheekbones, my jaw, and my forehead. The Soap & Glory Solar Powder bronzer is currently on my wish list. Once I've blended that out a bit with my foundation brush, I move onto blusher. My all time favourite blusher is Nars Orgasm, which I kindly treated myself to at the end of last year. On days where I want a bit of a change, I pick up my Milani Illuminating Face Powder in the shade 'Beauty's Touch'. This also doubles up as a highlighter, and gives the most beautiful sheen to my cheekbones. To add a bit more of a sparkle, I tend to use my No7 Radiant Spheres Highlighter (which I believe is limited edition).

The last two steps to my make up routine are mascara and lipstick - the defining two products, in my opinion! My make up look never looks complete without mascara, and I use two on a daily basis. The first is the Clinique High Impact Mascara, which is a sample that Mama Bear kindly passed onto me. It's a wonderful 'base' mascara, as it gives them a bit of definition before I go in with my Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara, which is my all time favourite eye product. As for lipsticks, I own my fair share in every colour that you could imagine, but my go-to is simply MAC's Brave. I have owned my bullet since last September, and am in desperate need of replacing it (it's wound all the way up to the top in the photos!).

Oh, and for my make up bag, I purchased it from ASOS right here. It's the most perfect size for any bag.

What's in your make up bag? Do we share any of the same holy-grail products? Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment