Daytime vs. Evening Holiday Outfits feat. Adore Me*

Friday, 22 May 2015

Bikini - Adore Me*, Loose T-shirt - ASOS, Sandals - ASOS, Beach Bag - Acceessorize
As a lover of high quality swimwear and lingerie, it was a match made in heaven when Adore Me, a New York based lingerie company, kindly approached me and asked me if I would like to feature some of their beautiful pieces in a mood-board type post. I had a quick scroll through their website, and fell in love with the beautiful bikini displayed above. As I am jetting off to Spain in just under two weeks, I couldn't help but put a holiday-spin on this post, presenting you with both a daytime outfit and an evening outfit, featuring some of Adore Me's incredible pieces.

As this bikini is the first item that really caught my eye, it was a must when putting my daytime outfit together. My idea of a relaxing holiday is to simply sit by the pool, shades on, earphones in. When sunbathing becomes too much in the Spanish heat, I would take a dip in the pool (and probably end up falling asleep on a lilo - not advisable). For such a low key day, the above outfit is more than enough. Obviously, the bikini is a necessity. I love the simplicity of the polka dots, whilst adding a pop of colour around the edges. To throw on over the top on my walks to and from the apartment, I would only need something simple. That's where this baggy t-shirt comes into play, with the words 'DRIVER, TAKE ME SOMEWHERE SUNNY' written across in bold white letters. Definitely appropriate. So that I don't burn my feet on my walk, a pair of simple sandals will do the trick, and I've picked this gorgeous snake effect pair from ASOS (that I may or may not have purchased just recently). The only other essential that I can see myself needing is a big bag to hold my book, my phone, my towel, and my suncream. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lingerie - Adore Me*, Tribal Playsuit - Topshop, Clutch Bag - Topshop, Lipstick - Rimmel London 110
Although there were endless sets of Summer specific lingerie on Adore Me's website, with bright floral prints, I had to pick practicality as a priority. These two beautiful lingerie sets are both adjustable so that you can remove the bra straps! There are two reasons why wearing a strapless bra on holiday will be a life saviour:
1) it'll allow you to wear whatever outfit you want, without any unnecessary bra straps getting in the way, and
2) if (heaven forbid) you are unlucky enough to burn your shoulders, your bra straps will sit on your sore shoulders all night long, making a mockery of you. Do yourself justice and go strapless. These Adore Me sets have the whole package - removable straps, pretty lace detailing, and they come in a variety of different colours (the two that I've chosen to display are a classic black, and a vibrant red). Once you've slipped out of your bikini and into your lingerie for the evening, it's an extremely satisfying feeling to dress up. I have chosen this tribal playsuit with small cut outs, making a strapless bra the right choice. Because of the orange/coral colour running through, I have combined this playsuit with one of Kate Moss's lipsticks for Rimmel London, in the shade 110. You'll never need to carry around too much with you in the evening when on vacation, and so a simple clutch will do the job perfectly. I have picked this gorgeous snake effect clutch from Topshop, with just enough room to throw in your phone, a little bit of money, your lipstick, and your keys.

This is only a small display of the beautiful pieces that Adore Me have to offer, and so definitely go and check out the rest of their collections by clicking here. If you're on the hunt for the perfect bikini for your Summer holiday, or just lusting after some new beautiful lingerie, you're sure to find something that you fall in love with. How do you put your outfits together when you're on holiday? Is it similar to my style at all?

⋅No comments

Post a Comment